APCOPAY is seeking to recruit a Systems Engineer, to join the dynamic team. APCOPAY is part of Harvest Technology plc and is a market leader in payment solutions, offering eCommerce processing solutions for debit, credit cards and other payment options. APCOPAY processes 100 currencies across 40 acquiring banks and in excess of 240 alternative payments to over 1200 merchants in 25 countries. APCOPAY’s clients include airlines, retail, telecoms and has been involved in processing payments for iGaming companies since 2004.
Based in Malta and reporting to the Head of Technology, the Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and support of all internal and customer facing infrastructure. The responsibilities include the following:
- Design and implement resilient infrastructure and improve resilience of current infrastructure
- Perform system maintenance and system upgrades including routine updates, service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending and perform capacity planning
- Troubleshoot and provide support to resolve issues
- Work with the development teams to migrate current and future products to the cloud
- Select and implement security tools, policies and procedures in line with industry standards.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Respond to system incidents on a 24/7 basis.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong understanding and experience of virtualisation technologies, with a focus on Hyper-V
- Deep understanding of Windows Server, IIS, AD & SQL Server with a preference for candidates with the relevant MCSE certification
- Knowledge of Containerisation and Container Orchestration Technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge and Experience with Linux based Operating Systems
- Experience working with fibre storage infrastructure
- Good understanding of Azure public cloud, including IAAS and PAAS offerings
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role and working with the above-mentioned technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or MQF level 5 equivalent
Applicants must send a detailed CV with a covering letter to Mireille Mifsud at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be acknowledged after the closing date.